Steps to becoming a Coach at
Castaic High School
Contact the head coach of the sport you are interested in coaching.
Once they have confirmed they have an opening complete the following steps:
DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU HAVE COACH APPROVAL.
2. Print and complete the applicable packet below:
* Volunteer (non paid):
* District paid:
* Booster paid:
4. Complete the NFHS online courses:
On the website, click "order course" at the top. If you do not already have an account, you can click "register here" and follow the steps to register in order to obtain a user name and password. The school site cannot look up completed courses or log in information. If you need assistance with the site, you can contact them directly at (317) 565-2023.
5. Complete First Aid/CPR Training.
The district does offer these courses and will release annual schedules, if you would like a list of the classes offered please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
the Athletic Secretary at Castaic High School. You can obtain your certification on your own if you do not want to go through the district office. A renewal certification is required every 2 years.
6. Complete TB test: You must include the results with your completed paperwork. You can obtain the test from anywhere you choose. A new TB test must be completed and results must be submitted to the school site every 4 years.
7. Bring ALL of the above items back to Kari Pinto at Castaic High School along with payment of $70.00 for fingerprinting. (exact cash or check only, if you are paying with a card you will have to pay in ASB)