The iCAN Preliminary Application is closed for Fall 2022.
If you have just enrolled in Castaic High School, please click here
Deadline to drop an iCAN class (for a "W") for Spring 2022
MW classes 4/25
TTh classes 4/26
iCAN Academy Information
Castaic High School's iCAN Academy is a progressive group of students who want to get a head start on their futures through dual enrollment at College of the Canyons and the Hart District. Students in the iCAN program have access to COC courses taught by COC professors on the Castaic High campus. iCAN classes earn students both high school and college credits.
This is the only program of its kind in the Hart District, as iCAN students have access to the same rigorous curriculum available at all campuses in addition to AP and honors courses all while attending a comprehensive high school with athletics, the performing arts, an Associated Student Body, and other typical high school experiences.
In order to enroll in the iCAN Academy at Castaic High School, students should:
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- Be able to work and learn independently
- Have strong study skills
- Be self-motivated to interact with college professors
Parents should understand that:
- Students will be in a college course, and no parts of the curriculum will be modified, nor will the student be exempted from portions of the curriculum.
- Students must maintain a grade of C or better to continue in the iCAN Academy.
- Per FERPA law, professors will only communicate with the student, not the parent/guardian.
- Only students will have access to iCAN grades until they are reported on the Castaic High School transcript at the end of each semester.
- While students with IEPs are not precluded from applying for the iCAN Academy, their IEPs are with the Hart District and can not be implemented by COC professors. Students must make an appointment with the DSPS (Disabled Students Programs and Services) office at COC for more information about accommodation plans through the college.
If students live within the Castaic High School boundaries, they will need to complete the iCAN Academy application. If they do not live within the Castaic High School boundaries, they will need to complete an open enrollment application along with the iCAN Academy application.